Coming to Maui on vacation and looking for an authentic Hawaiian experience learning to play a Hawaiian instrument? Do you live on Maui and are looking for an experienced ukulele teacher? Whether you are a beginner or more experienced ukulele player, you can have fun learning to play better with Ukulele Mele.
Read what some of Mele's students are saying
"A lot of ukulele and guitar teachers just want to teach you how to play a song, which anyone who knows how the use the internet can figure out on their own. I was pleasantly surprised that Mele was teaching me technique, which is what I've always wanted, and is much more elusive if not impossible to find online. The internet cannot point out to you what you are doing wrong in your technique. This, by far, was the highlight of my trip to Maui. I recommend this to any musician visiting the island. It was an experience I will never forget." -- Desiree Dymond, New York, New York
"Mele is a great teacher. She gave us a lot of background information and hints during the lesson which improves the understanding and quality of playing ukulele. We really enjoyed the private lesson and highly recommend Mele for anyone who would like to learn or improve playing ukulele in Maui (during vacations or not)." -- Michael H. and Markus M., Austria
Choose how you want to learn with Ukulele Mele on Maui
1. Private one-on-one lessons at the Bailey House Museum in Wailuku.
2. Small group lessons for 2-4 family members or friends at the Bailey House Museum in Wailuku.
3. Workshops at the Bailey House Museum in Wailuku.
4. Classes for adults 55 and better at Kaunoa Senior Center in Paia. Call Mele or call the Center at 808-270-7308. Mele's class schedule is posted on her Event Calendar.
• Private Lessons $40 for 45-minutes
• Small Group Lessons $25 each student for 45-minutes
• Payable by cash or local check after your lessons, or in advance using PayPal
• Workshop fees paid directly to the Bailey House Museum
Let's Talk Story: Call (808) 281-4981 to customize your learning experience, or complete the online Lesson Request Form so Mele can contact you.
Locations: Wailuku (central Maui) and Kula (upcountry)
In Wailuku, lessons are held at the Bailey House Museum at 2375A Main Street. In the peaceful setting of historic Wailuku, the Bailey House Museum is located on the way to Iao Valley State Park. Built in 1833, the Bailey House was home of missionary teacher Edward bailey and his family. It now houses the largest collection of Hawaiian Artifacts in Maui County and is run by the Maui Historical Society (the oldest historical and preservation society on Maui). What a perfect place to learn to play your Hawaiian instrument!
In Kula, lessons are held at our music studio upcountry. The address and directions are given out after lessons are confirmed.