EVENT: 'Ukulele Strumming Workshops
DATE: 3rd Saturday of the month as scheduled below
TIME: 10:00 A.M. - 12 noon
PLACE: Bailey House, Wailuku (see map and photos to get there)
COST: $10 or $5 for members at-the-door which includes admission to see the largest collection of Hawaiian artifacts in Maui County.
CLICK TO REGISTER - THEN PAY $10/$5 AT THE DOOR!
Seating is limited - so save your seat in advance. Plus, we'll have a way to contact you for cancellations due to weather or other unforseen problems.
NEED A UKE? A few instruments are available for a rental fee of $10 when you let us know in advance upon registering online.
January 21, 2017
February 18, 2017
March 18, 2017 (cancelled due to sickness)
October 21, 2017
November 18, 2017
December 16, 2017
HAVE FUN LEARNING to play 'ukulele from an experienced educator and professional entertainer with a unique method of forming chords with minimal muscle strain and strumming styles taught by no one else on Maui.
1. No need to read music as we play songs by ear without looking at music sheets.
2. Adults who play C, F, and G7 chords confidently will have more fun.
3. Discover ways to continue learning on Maui or from wherever you live by private lessons, online lessons, and packaged song sets.
- Get a sneak peak by trying online sample lessons
- Read workshop testimonials by participants.
- Listen to a radio interview about 'ukulele lessons and workshops that Mele did with the Bailey House Director on February 20, 2013 at KAOI AM 1110.
- Read reviews from Ukulele Mixed Plate special event (free workshop at a shopping center) and watch video below.
Watch video of workshop at Ukulele Mixed Plate special event
ADMISSIONS POLICY TO HALE HO'IKE'IKE A THE BAILEY hOUSE
- Admission to the museum is included in the workshop fee that is paid at the door (signing up online saves your seat for free).
- Guests (non-players) who are just watching friends and family can attend the workshop for no charge and should not wander around the buildins without paying for admission.
- Guests waiting for workshop participants who do not want to sit in the workshop may shop, wait outside, or pay for admission to take a tour.
PAST WORKSHOPS at the Bailey House and more
2016 Reviews and 2016 Workshops on Maui Photo Gallery
2015 Reviews and 2015 Workshops on Maui Photo Gallery; special events photos
2014 Reviews and 2014 Workshops on Maui Photo Gallery; special events photos
2013 Reviews and 2013 Workshops on Maui Photo Gallery; special events photos
2012 Reviews and 2012 Workshops on Maui Photo Gallery; special events photos
PAST SPECIAL EVENTS FOR 2015 (at locations other than the Bailey House)
- Ukulele Mixed Plate (entertainment by The Hawaiian Serenaders and then Ukulele Mele workshop).
- April 25 Maui Steel Guitar Festival at Kaanapali Beach Hotel, (info on 3 workshops) (blog review)
DID YOU KNOW THAT WORKSHOPS WILL TRAVEL?
Contact Mele to work out the details for a workshop in your part of the world. (See sample).
2014 Hilo Hattie's store on Oahu Reviews and 2014 Photo Gallery
2013 Homer, Alaska Ukulele Players Event Review and 2013 Photo Gallery
KEEP UP-TO-DATE WITH WHAT'S HAPPENING
- Like Ukulele Mele on Facebook as well as on Maui!
- Bookmark Mele's blog on Ukulele Mele Mondays to gain insights on Maui's music scene, Hawaiian history, and more. Special New Year's posts were published on December 31, 2013, with continuous postings since January 6, 2014.
- Bookmark Ukulele Mele's Upcoming Events page to plan ahead when you're in town.